Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break

This week has been Spring Break for my boys. It started out a little questionable as it was 40 degrees and below Monday and Tuesday but warmed up nicely on Wednesday. We were able to salvage some of our outside plans. I have so enjoyed being home with Avery and Aidan. It has been a fun week.
Here are a few pictures of our Spring Break fun. Saturday evening our friends the Eversole's came over. Ms Saundra brought all of the goodies to make Easter Bunny Peep cars. It was a fun visit!
Sunday night Drake and Kinsey came to spend the night. It was a fun night of cookie decorating, egg dyeing, and movie watching. We played a mean game of kickball. We'll need to have a rematch and get Ralph and Meredith in on the action.

On Wednesday we were able to meet friends at the park and play there most of the day.

On Thursday Jim took off and we traveled downtown to visit his work and the TN State Museum. The boys really enjoyed getting to see Daddy's office. I think the last time we were there was when Aidan was a baby so its been a while. Jim works in the TPAC building and the State Museum is in the basement. After visiting his office, we walked downstairs to check it out. Avery has been studying TN and TN History so it was a perfect visit to reinforce some of what he's learned in school-- and its free.


We left there and went to Dragon Park. It was a beautiful day and we just enjoyed being together. After that, we stopped back by Gigi's Cupcakes for some scrumptious cupcakes. My pictures really don't do them justice. Jim complained saying it was crazy to pay $3 for a cupcake; however, once he took the first bite, that sentiment quickly melted away. His analysis-"That's the best cupcake I've ever put in my mouth. Worth every bit of three dollars!" Just to put that price in perspective, a elderly man came in behind us and ordered two dozen cupcakes. His total...$79!!!!! Yeah- we won't be having those for a birthday party. But if you're on Broadway, stop by and get a treat.


On the right is the wedding cake cupcake and on the left you have the Turtle cupcake.

And we rounded out our week in good old Middle Tennessee fashion- with a trip to our neighbor's house who so graciously shared their safe room during the tornado warnings. Its not the best picture but Ms. Ashley's sweet mom read books to the kiddos while they were waiting out the storms in the safe room.

As this week draws to an end, I love the fun we've had. I love this time of year for many reasons but the most important is Easter. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of my savior's love for me- for all of us. That Jesus Christ hung on a cross to pay the price for my sins. That He loves me with all of my faults and in spite of everything I've done and will do. That I am His forever...
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
I hope you and your family have a very blessed Easter.

2 comments:

Montee said...

It looks like Y'all had a very nice Break! I think my favorite part would have been the safe room. I know, that's kind of weird. I feel bad for the folks in Murfreesboro and now the ATL Braves are getting a bad storm at their field. It's Opening Night there and they have a big crowd.

I am going to have a hard time not shedding tears during church services on Sunday. It's just knowing how much God loves us to sacrifice His Son. Y'all have a wonderful Easter.

Heather said...

Matt and I used to go to Dragon Park all the time! I was young and would meet him wherever, but we would hit golfballs! Love these pics!