Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness


Are you a basketball fan? I have to say that when it comes to watching sports on tv, I'm not much of a fan of any of it. Now, put me in the bleachers at a game and I could watch just about any sport. I wouldn't say it was my favorite past time but I'd much rather see live action than televised. The exception to that is the NCAA Tournament. I absolutely LOVE to watch the basketball games that go on for March Madness. LOVE IT!! Part of the excitement is that it truly is a tournament where anything can happen. And has.
Jim and I have always filled out brackets to see who makes the best picks in the end. The last two years, the boys have also done a bracket of their own. Its hilarious to go over their picks with them. Their logic for picking a winning team can range any where from, "Oh we like Texas because that's where Sandy on Spongebob is from." to " Ha, ha, ha, ha... Let's pick Butler because it has the word "but" in it. " I love it. And can I just tell you that Aidan beat us all last year!
So here we go! My final four...
Louisville, North Carolina, Duke (I just love Coack K), and Memphis. To win it all (shhhhh- my husband would kill me to know that I picked them to win it all) North Carolina.

3 comments:

Montee said...

Brett started a bracket with the boys on his ballteam, a couple of coaches and me. I am currently in 2nd place. My Final Four Picks are:
UNC, UCLA, Louisville and Missouri. I am picking Louisville to win it all because Brett picked UNC. I am a DUKE fan but I did not pick them. I know that's a crime. I did like what Coach K had to say about Obama needing to just concentrate on dealing with the economy.

Heather said...

oh yeah, my Emma picked Emma WKU to win the whole thing!! LOL!! I think she only picked them because the name Kentucky is in there! HA!

Susan said...

That is so funny that she picked WKU to win it all! :)
Montee- I LOVE Coach K- such a class act and I always pull for Duke for that reason. I just think UNC is stronger this year.