Monday, March 2, 2009

What's the Scoop


Ok- I really am getting old and I know that because I am about to blog about Fiber One Bars. :) Vickie suggested that I do this because there are so many of these type bars out there, they are all a bit pricey, and unfortunately not all of them are good tasting. I just tried the Fiber One bars in the last two weeks. There are a variety of flavors including chocolate, cafe mocha, and oats with strawberries with almonds. There are 140 calories in a bar, 3 grams of fat, and a whopping 9 grams of fiber. I love the taste and have to say that they are very filling. At $2.99 a box (at Kroger) I think they are a bit expensive for five bars but there are always coupons in the Sunday paper for them. And I don't have to fill you in on the benefits of getting your daily allowance of fiber. :)

This one's for the kids. Santa brought Aidan the Martian Matter Alien Maker for Christmas. Santa was a bit concerned about getting it. It looks a little messy and he wondered if it would get a lot of play time. I have to say that it was a hit and has been a huge hit for everyone that comes over to play. Aidan is four and can do the entire process by himself. Kids from four to ten years old have enjoyed it. Its not nearly as messy as you'd think although I can see how it could be if not supervised with smaller children. You can purchase the Alien maker at most retail stores for around $14.99.

3 comments:

Montee said...

I buy Balance Bars. They are expensive but not bad tasting. I'll have to try these Fiber Ones.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those Fiber One bars. I've found them really cheap at times. I'll let you know next time I find a great deal on them. Have you tried the Oats & Chocolate? Yum!

Heather said...

I may have to try those fiber bars you are talking about! SOunds like I need them and you are not old! Thanks for taking the time to write all that about your son and the shynesss, it's means alot to me that you did and thanks for the advice!!! Your great!!