Monday, November 24, 2008

What's The Scoop

Product #1
Mary Kay Mineral Make Up


I'm a less is more kind of girl when it comes to makeup. Although I have found as I get older, I require more where makeup is concerned. I had tried the mineral powder last year and liked it but for whatever reason I just wasn't hooked. A few months ago, a sweet lady at church who happens to be a Mary Kay consultant talked to me about their new line of mineral makeup. She encouraged me to try it again and I did. And I'm hooked.

You can get the Mineral Powder Foundation for $18 and you have to make a one time brush applicator purchase (it can be cleaned with your mild facial cleanser and used for a long time) of $10. The thing I love the most about the mineral powder is how light it is and feels when you are applying it. You never get that "caked" on look. Its very natural looking.
I use the facial highlighting pen ($18) which acts similar to concealer but also adds dimensions of light in those areas that need them. For example, I have some laugh lines around my mouth that I added the highlighter too and they were not visible after that.
The mineral eye makeup is $6.50 and the cheek color is $10.
If you're in the market for a new line of makeup, I highly recommend giving this a try.

Product #2

I did a post last week on the gift of giving. We decided this year to help provide Christmas for a family who has a member with ALS. Over the weekend we received our family's information in the mail. They are local to us. The father is a man in his early fifties and the mother is in her forties. They have two daughters, ages 9 and 11. Her husband was diagnosed two years ago and is now at the stage where he is confined to a wheelchair. He can still eat, breathe and speak normally which is a huge blessing.
They own a farm and have had to sell part of it off over the past few years.
If you are reading this and feel led to give, please contact me. If you don't know how to get in touch with me, leave me a comment on how to touch base with you. The mother asked for gift cards to restaurants. The father is interested in books on CD or DVDs with his interests being in history, native Americans, and World War I and II. The girls love crafts and to read.
My family and I are planning to shop for them soon and would be happy to add to what we give them if you would like to help.

No comments: