Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's The Scoop?


This week's What's The Scoop is a little different. I'd like for you to give me the scoop. My boys have asked for a trampoline for Christmas. We've checked around and found some with the safety enclosure feature included at pretty decent prices. We have several friends who have trampolines and the boys have a ball when they go play on them.
Every time I look at one, I run the pros and cons in my head. My biggest pro is that it will be something for them to do to blow off some energy. My boys NEED things to do that help them expend the endless amount of energy in their little bodies.
My biggest con is the fear of injury. My boys are rough and tumble and although we haven't been in a while (let me knock on some wood), we are no strangers to the emergency room. Boys are gonna be boys and I've learned to let them be. I just think the trampoline adds in a whole new dimension of possible injuries. That and the fact that when Avery broke his hand, the orthopedic doc said that the two things they see the most injuries with kids from are skateboards and trampolines.
So, what do you think?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad you posted this. We are in the market too so I'm curious to see your responses. #1 I think an enclosure is a must and probably helps to cut down on some injuries. #2 I want to get one not just for the kids but for the whole family. We enjoy our swingset however it's limited on how much Jeremy and I play on it. WIth a trampoline we can all jump and well hopefully burn off some pounds too! :)

A friend of mine did some major research before buying hers and bought the one @ Academy with the enclosure made into the frame. I've been on it and really like it. It seems very well made and the netting is high quality too. Not sure of the name but it's black and red.

I wonder if there's any chance we could get a 2 for 1 deal!!!???!

Susan said...

Wouldn't that be great! 2 for 1! I am hoping that someone who has a trampoline will leave a comment. I think we've just about talked ourselves into it/ I think it will be a lot of fun too! We are going to check at Academy for the one you are talking about.

Audrey said...

well considering our boys are getting a huge blow up thing for the bonus room so they can beat each other up, I wouldn't be the best for advice (haha) :)

I can see your dilemma. I think it seems most injuries have occured while falling off the trampoline (now don't quote me on that, it just seems that way). Since they have the safety "net" now I think the pros of exercise, fun, and energy "reduction" :-) out weigh it.

Sarah said...

Susan I went a looked and it is called the Propel 15ft trampoline. The net is attached to the springs? so that you practically can't fall off. It is more than others I've looked at but I think it's probably the safest.

Susan said...

Thanks Sarah!! I agree- I think the enclosures for obvious reasons have made them much safer.
Its you Audrey that's getting the blow up thing for your playroom- I told Ashley I remember reading someone's blog that said they were getting one! Your boys will LOVE that!

Brea said...

I think I saw that Walmart will have one w/ enclosure for $125 the day after Thanksgiving. I'm jealous. I want one for ME so bad but Jonathan says no, too dangerous!