Monday, December 24, 2007

From Food Poisoning to Fun






We started our weekend off with a bang. About 9:30pm Friday night, Avery got terribly sick and bless his heart was sick until about 4am Sat. morning. We stayed in all day Saturday to try and catch up on our missed night of sleep and to help Avery recover his strength and for most of the day Sunday. By Sunday mid-morning Avery was as good as new.

My friend Lori came up with a fabulous scheme. :) Several months ago I blogged about what high quality prizes you get for fundraising. Avery got a clown wig, glasses and nose for selling "smart cards". I put a picture of Jim (Harve) on my blog dressed as a clown. I e-mailed it to Lori. She decided how fun it would be to print this picture out and make all of us shirts -- we planned to meet at a restaurant wearing our shirts under our jackets and take our jackets off at one time surprising Jim wearing his clown picture.

Its amazing that between the two of us, Lori and I kept four boys 6 and under from blurting out the secret. It all worked out and Jim was very surprised. I sent him back to the car to get my purse I had conveniently forgotten and when he returned we were all sitting there with our Harvey (Jim) the clown shirts. We had our waitress take our picture to remember the occasion.

Then we were able to go back and visit with our good friends, Lori and her family. The only drawback was that Aidan was not feeling well and we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked. We love you guys!

We hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Catrina said...

Hehe, those boys sure know how to get sick around Christmas time, LOL! I remember a few Christmas' ago that we were supposed to come over for dinner with you all and you were all sick. Thank goodness it did not mess up your Christmas Day! Miss you all!!

Susan said...

Ahh! I remember that too! uugh! Hope you guys had a good Christmas! I love your new blog. Happy New Year!