Thursday, December 6, 2007

Who in the World is My Husband?


I've had several people ask me what is my husband's name. Some people have read this blog in which I realized I refer to my husband with two completely different names. Others of you have asked me after we've had conversations, "What's your husband's name?"

No, I'm not leading a double life with two different men. :)

My husband's name is James Harvey Waters. I met him through his friends who lovingly call him Harve. I introduced him to my family as Harve. I've introduced him to some of you as Harve. All of my friends who knew me before I married him know him as Harve.

My husband is also Jim. He apparently prefers to introduce himself as this. At work he is Jim, most of the people we have met at church know his as Jim. Some of our neighbors also know him as Jim. In our preschool class we teach at church he is Mr. Jim.

His parents and family call him Jimmy.

So, James Harvey, Harve, Jim, Jimmy, Mike Waters is my husband. (The "Mike" is a whole other story.)

I may call him Harve or I may call him Jim. I probably do it interchangeably without even noticing. I really have to "work" to call him Jim because I met him as Harve. But whatever name he goes by, yes, he is one person and he's my beautiful husband. :)

5 comments:

carriehayes said...

that is great! i have been wondering, too. thanks for clarifying!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks For letting everyone know the rest of the story.

Love you Harvey, Jimmy, James

Meredith said...

That is one fine lookin' clown. :)
Chickamawchickmawmaw
Meri

Susan said...

So are you asking to book him for Kinsey's party, Meredith? LOL

Meredith said...

Hey, that's not a bad idea...you know how Ralph likes to save money :P
LOL
Meri