Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Memorable Christmas Presents


I decided to use the word memorable in my title rather than favorite. Lets face it some gifts can be memorable and way far from your favorite. :) I was just thinking about this the other day. My neighbor made some questions for our ladies get together and as an ice breaker we drew a question out of the basket and answered it. One was, "What's your most memorable Christmas gift?" I have several- some good and some, well lets just say its not the gift but the spirit of giving...


My brother and I got an Atari 2600- we played that thing all day Christmas day. I remember the games like Pong but my favorite one was E.T. Did anyone else have this one? You had to find all of the phone parts so ET could phone home- and you ate Reeses pieces for energy along the way.


The year the cabbage patch babies were all the craze I got my own version of a cabbage patch baby made by my mom's friend. My cousins all got one too- we opened them together at granny's house and each of them had our own color hair. We didn't care that they weren't brand name-- just excited to have it and that we all got one to play with together.


When I was 14 I got a typewriter (I so know I'm showing my age with this post)-- yeah a typewriter. I did ask for it but you know its one of those things you ask for but not something you want for Christmas.


We exchanged gifts in our girl scout troop one year- I think we drew names. Anyway, I got a box of chocolate covered cherries- again this was a reminder that its not the gift but the spirit of giving...


When we were first married and our budget very tight, my mom got Jim and me tires for our car for Christmas.


A couple of years ago my boys (all three of them) got me a beautiful silver cross necklace.


One year in my stocking Jim had placed tickets to see Rent at TPAC.


My list is too long to post here. I have lots of memorable gifts.. good, bad, and bizarre. :) Do you have some memorable gifts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My memorable gift (that WOULD have been very memorable) was a dalmation. I wanted one my whole life and asked for one every single Christmas. He never did come...I keep wondering if one day Santa will deliver it to me. Maybe he just got lost somewhere along the way!

Susan said...

Aww! Did you have a dog already growing up?
Maybe Santa dropped him at the wrong house. :)

Sarah said...

I'm really hoping this Christmas to be memorable in that we will get a house for Christmas! nothing like wishing BIG!!! :)