Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Concert Tickets

Jim asked me to get online this morning to get concert tickets for Rush. If you're like me and don't listen to that kind of music, you probaby only know Rush from that Tom Sawyer song. :) As I was waiting anxiously (or maybe not) for the online sale to start at 9am, I was thinking about some of the concerts I've been to in the past. I have to say that I haven't been to a concert in a while. I did see Elton John a few years ago and I saw Duran Duran at Amsouth (Starwood) before they shut it down. Yes, I said Duran Duran- 20 years after their fame- ha!
I was thinking back on some of the concerts I went to in high school and college and remembering some of them made me crack up! In college I went with 5 other girls- we drove 3 hours- to see Milli Vanilli (I don't even know if I spelled that correctly)- yeah baby, I said Milli Vanilli. Young MC and the all girls group Seduction opened for them.
I let this guy I worked with talk me into seeing this 90's hair band called Warrant-- yuck!
I sat in the rain and mud on the lawn at Starwood (Amsouth) to see Billy Joel- ok let me rephrase that- to hear Billy Joel- you can't really see him from that far back. :)
I saw Rick Springfield in concert in Knoxville in his "Jessie's Girl" days.

So who did you see in your younger years? Anybody that just makes you laugh out loud when you remember it? Can you top Milli Vanilli? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember sitting front and center for Michael Bolton and loving EVERY minute of it. Most recently, I would have to say the Goo Goo Dolls was the best. We're hoping to get tickets for the Chris Daughtery/Bon Jovi concert. Anyone going to that one?

Anonymous said...

New Kids On the Block!!!!
Garth Brooks
Sheryl Crow
Vince Gill
I loved the song Jessie's girl!
Mandy
PS- we are much better today- thanks for your post- hoping to play in the snow today, although I don't think it is the wisest thing for a Mommy with two kids that have the sniffles and ear infections. :) Levi is dying to go out though... Have fun if yal go out!

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.