Monday, February 4, 2008

The Bible


I'm not as familiar with the Bible as I'd like to be- I'm working on that. That's the reason I LOVE it when people share verses from the Bible that are very dear to them. You know- that verse(s) you go to when you need comfort or inspiration.

Mine is Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so but we rejoice in our sufferings, becasue we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us..."

What's yours?

6 comments:

The O'Neal's said...

I am right there with you. I want to memorize and be able to quote scripture but it's almost as if my mind has no more memory cells sometimes. We got David Nasser's devotional yesterday and I'm hoping it's going to help me. One thing that was different from my other devotionals was the fasting from something while I read through it. I've never tried that but I'm hoping I'm successful.
~Christy

Meredith said...

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you a hope and a future. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with your entire heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Anonymous said...

Habakkuk 3:19 has always been one of my favorites- "The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,he enables me to go on the heights."

The way I memorized it years ago had it as "hind's feet" rather than deer...thus my aol name, heinzfeet...the other spelling was already taken. No one ever has a clue what that means! :)

Susan said...

I've always wondered about your e-mail address Ashley. Now I know. :)

Audrey said...

We just started memorizing verses this year, consistently. I, too, have that goal, Susan. So far our verses have been:
Hebrews 4:12
Romans 6:14
Galatians 2:20
I was going to do it weekly but until I personally have it memorized, I don't change it. I'm still having issues memorizing the Galatians one so who knows how much longer we'll be on it :-). But they've each meant a lot to me. Especially Hebrews 4:12. I pray over my boys and say scripture over them. I have it posted on their doorposts, our doorposts. Because "the word of God IS living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. it penetrates dividing soul & spirit, joing and marrow, and judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (i typed that by memory! hooray!) :-)

-Audrey

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.