Thursday, February 14, 2008

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

I have this frame hanging in our computer room. Its one of those collage frames and it has the word "family" in wooden letters encased in the glass. The first pictures I put in were just of Jim, me, and the boys. The more I thought about it, I decided that this would be a good frame to put some pictures of my mom and dad in too. My boys never met my dad. He passed away in 1995 a few months before Jim and I got married. They know who he is, we talk about him a lot and they call him granddaddy Bob. I searched everywhere for a good picture of me and my dad to add to this frame. Neither my mom or dad were fans of getting their pictures made. I found one of my dad and me right before I graduated college.
I was so excited to show the boys the new pictures. I called them in and Jim came with them. The boys looked the pictures over and were excited to see ones of them with Nana (my mom). I pointed out the picture of me and my dad. Jim looked at it and said...
Now before I tell you what he said I just want you to know that he is a wonderful man!! A godly husband and father and would never purposely say anything to hurt anyone's feelings. :)
He looked at the picture and said... "Look boys, its skinny mommy."
(GASP!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man...poor Jim! Did he go crawl in a hole? Don't worry, your boys know the truth...you're still skinny mommy! :)

Audrey said...

oh man! and you're right, ashley :-)

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.