Thursday, March 27, 2008

Alas, Good Customer Service Is Not Dead

How appropriate that yesterday was my 100th post and it was a rant about people who don't use their manners.
Well, I had to post this today because I wanted everyone to know that Regal Cinemas at Indian Lake made things right with me. As I posted yesterday, I took the boys to the movie and the guy behind the concession stand charged me $4 (the regular price of a small soda) for a cup of water. I had already paid $8 for me and Avery to have a soda and was asking for a cup of water for Aidan who doesn't drink anything carbonated.
After I posted on my blog yesterday, Jim (my husband) called me. I was telling him my story and he decided it was ridiculous (I had decided that too). He asked if I asked to speak with the manager-- uh-no- I had two small children with me and we were already late to the movie. He called Regal Cinemas and spoke with the manager who apologized profusely. He stated they do have what they call courtesy cups for water and that should have been offered to me. Now, that my friends would have been enough. In today's society just getting an apology can be like pulling teeth so whenever customer service at a company freely gives one, I'm satisfied. However, the manager at Regal Cinemas Indian Lake also gave us four free movie passes. Now that is customer service!
Anyway, I just wanted to post this since I ranted against the movie theater in my blog yesterday. So, if you want water (and you don't want to pay $5 for bottled water- yes I said $5) remember to ask for a courtesy cup. :)

7 comments:

Stephani said...

I just wanted to throw in that I had an unusual experience at the new Hendersonville theater too. During the $2 movie event, I decided that it would be a great idea to take Parker and Paxton to the movies (what was I thinking:)...anyway, for some silly reason I didn't put Paxton in the stroller so my hands were completely full (a drink for me, a drink for Park, popcorn for me, and popcorn for Park...not to mention the diaper bag and of course Pax in his seat...absolutely crazy!!:)) Parker was carrying his popcorn, but he couldn't manage to carry the drink too so I was trying my best to do it all because I am just that independent. We were about to walk up to the "ticket taker" (official name) when a gentleman (I am assuming he was one of the managers) walked up and offered to help. I took him up on his offer and he took a popcorn and a drink and walked with us all the way to our seats. I guess the experience was so unusual because most people don't do that these days. It is very seldom that you have someone right in front of you hold the door for you or thank you for holding the door for them. I was very thankful that good customer service still existed that day!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! How wonderful- I have decided shopping or going out is so much better when you have nice people to check you out, help or pass along kind words. Like Publix- my goodness, shopping is certainly a pleasure there as their carts read... I always feel so good there, and its so clean, wide aisles and excellent cust. service! Chik fil A, another pleasure place that really does make a difference and want you to eat more chicken. Ha, ha. Anyway, it was certainly worth calling, I am so glad Jim called them, $4 is CRAZY in sane for a cup of water. Other than that, how was the theater?
Mandy

Susan said...

The theater is really nice but honestly I think I may like the Gallatin one better. Its convenient to be able to get your tickets and refreshments in one transaction- you can't do that at Hendersonville.
Stephani- I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience and that someone helped you- bless your heart! :) You are a brave woman and without the stroller!. :) It was good to hear another story about some good customer service.
Mandy- I so agree with you on Chik Fil A and Starbucks- I have never had bad service at either one of those places.

Alison said...

Susan,

I am glad that they made the situation right. I had to laugh about your post because yesterday Maggie and I went to Franklin to spend time with a girlfriend of mine...everywhere we went, people were so boring and rude. No one asked how we were, told us to have a good day, nothing. Molly and I just finally looked at each other and wondered if we were no fun at all...It was nice to know that someone else was having customer service issues.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Alison
www.maggiemoosmom.blogspot.com
www.theharrishome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That's awesome...4 tickets! We'll babysit for you soon so you guys can have a date night!

Susan said...

I love you Ashley! Hey-we could give you guys the other two tickets! :)

ChristinK said...

SO GLAD they did this for you guys!! That says A LOT about their customer service. Another company that has ALWAYS given me great customer service is Pottery Barn Kids. We got our little girl a doll cradle from there for her birthday and it didn't arrive in time, so they sent us the floor model, threw in some doll bedding completely for FREE and THEN sent us the new cradle we had ordered. I was so impressed!