Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm No Dr. Seuss


I Do Not Like Strep and Flu

I do not like strep and flu
I do not like them I told you

I would not like them with my one that's three
I would not like them with me

I could not like them in grade one
I could not like them in anyone

I do not want that swab in my nose
And I do not want that swab down my throat

I would not like them with amoxicillin
I do not like them- I'm not kidding

I do not like you strep and flu
So leave my house- I warn you

I will not try them with alka seltzer cold plus
I will not try them on a bus

I do not like my nose that's red
I do not like this pounding in my head.

I can not drink, I can not eat
I at least better lose some weight!!!!!!!!!!!

So listen up I'm telling you
I'm bustin' out the lysol and the germ x too

I can not wipe one more nose
This is not the life I chose

Pack your bags you're time is done
No more spoiling our family fun

I do not like you strep and flu
I would not like you in the fall
I would not like you in the mall
I would not like you, my dear
I do not like you anywhere.

This has been brought to you by two weeks in the house with a sick six year old and three year old (a sick mommy) and way too much over the counter medication. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was AWESOME!

Meredith said...

Lord above, I wonder how in the world I ever found another person so much like myself...
Glad you're feeling a little bit better anyway! :)
Meri

Anonymous said...

you are too funny!

Audrey said...

this is AWEsome.

Sarah said...

I'm very impressed, did you come up with this all by yourself? Very talented! I hope you all get feeling better soon, VERY soon!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say, I'm impressed that someone who is laid up in bed can even think to write something like that. I'm STILL impressed!

Susan said...

It was the effects of the OTC cold medication. :)