Friday, October 3, 2008

Brotherly Love


Avery and Aidan both went to the doctor yesterday morning. Aidan for his four year check up and Avery just because he hasn't been in a long while. When I made the appointment, the nurse asked me if I wanted them to go ahead and give Aidan his immunizations for Kindergarten. She said they could go ahead or if I wanted, wait until his five year check up. I figured we might as well go ahead (yeah- I know easy for me to say. I wasn't the one getting the shots.) and then maybe we wouldn't spend the next year obsessing about when its going to happen.
Jim took the boys this morning to see Dr. Steve at TN Pediatrics. Turns out Aidan got a total of five shots because they also gave him a flu shot. Avery got two that he was totally unprepared for because we didn't know he'd be getting them. Apparently he never got the chicken pox vaccine so they gave him that and the flu shot.
Jim brought them back home before heading off to work. He shared this with me. Apparently Aidan was VERY upset about getting shots and they had to bring several nurses in to hold him down. Avery stood beside him and held his little hand and just cried for him. Bless his heart. I asked Avery about it before taking him to school and he said he just about couldn't take it. "Mommy, Aidan would jump every time they gave him a shot and I just held his hand tight and closed my eyes. I couldn't watch. It made me cry."
Sweet boy!

1 comment:

Montee said...

This is so sweet. They will always look out for one another.