Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Ghosts of Halloween Pasts

Did you dress up and go trick or treating as a kid? If so, what was your favorite costume as a child. If you don't have a favorite, what's your most memorable?

I don't really have a favorite. My parents were very frugal so most of my costumes were made out of whatever I could come up with at home (and that was actually a lot of fun). The only store bought costume I remember is The Road Runner. I'm not quite sure how I arrived at wanting to be the Road Runner but apparently that is what I decided on one year. I remember my mom bought my costume too big and I kept trying to tell her but she just wasn't as concerned as I was with that. Anyway, my brother and I went out to trick or treat in our neighborhood. About the third house into it, I fell down our neighbor's concrete porch steps (because my costume was too big) and that wrapped it up for me that night. :)

3 comments:

Montee said...

I really didn't have a favorite costume either. I did have a favorite Halloween. The first time my whole group of friends (about 9 of us) went trick-or-treating on our own without parents. We had the best time. I guess kids can't go out on their own too much these days. I mean we walked for blocks and blocks without fear. The good old days!

Anonymous said...

My favorite was dressing up as Punky Brewster...wonder where Adeline got that! :)

Jennifer said...

a rock star! yeah!!! like mother, like son. :)