Monday, January 12, 2009

In Case I Didn't Realize I Was Getting Older...

Do you ever have things happen and then all of a sudden you think, "Man, I'm getting old!" Here are just a few things that have occurred recently.

  • I teach a 4 year old Sunday school class. They were having snack and asked to watch Veggie Tales. Just recently the church has installed new tvs. So I said, "Sorry guys there's no VCR hooked up- we can't watch a movie." Lots of blank stares. :)
  • Almost every song I hear in JCPenney over the intercom I know the words to. The music of my younger years has now become elevator music!
  • The fashions of my childhood (70's and 80's) are cycling back around! I promise you that in JCPenney on Saturday I saw black leggings paired with an oversized suit jacket (with shoulder pads!) on a mannequin. If the mannequin had blond hair, she'd have passed for Debbie Gibson.
  • I watched the Golden Globe Awards and kept hearing myself say, "Wow, insert name of an older actor or actress here, is looking old."
  • I still own cassette tapes. I even have a few 8 tracks! I have records too that Avery thought were some type of frisbee.
Jim turns 40 in a few weeks (and I'm not all that far behind him). We've been joking a lot about getting older. Each time he goes to visit his parents, they send back some of his childhood things. Last time he came back with the Evil Kenieval Scramble Van! It probably has lead paint on it. :) I'm expecting him to show up from a visit next with some lawn darts. Ahh the good ole' days.

3 comments:

Montee said...

I remember when the elevator music and the music used on commercials, was from my mother's day. Now it's from my high school and college days!

I noticed the mannequins were dressed in total 80's gear at Macy's. All I could think was, WHY?!

Heather said...

Hilarious!!! Girl, you don't look a day over 29!!! I have no idea how young you are, but that is my guess!! I love the part about the Frisbee!! Too Cute!!

Audrey said...

oh my goodness that's funny, and so true!