Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Rainy Tuesday

  • I think Hendersonville, TN is the Bermuda Triangle for snow. It can be snowing every where around us and some how it just gets sucked in to the black hole here and we get nothing.
  • I may be the only person alive who is actually hungrier when I'm sick. That figures.
  • Wouldn't it be nice if your neighborhood was set up like your university or college? Think about it, you could walk out of your house over to the student center and get a meal for your entire family that someone else prepared using your parents money. :)
  • We thought about naming Aidan, Wyatt. Then we considered that we live in the South and with the accent, it would come out sounding like White Waters. I still really like the name Wyatt.

  • A little boy in Avery's class told him the Bell Witch story. If you're not from or don't live in Tennessee, you may not know about the Bell Witch. At the end of the story, the person telling it tells the person to go in to the bathroom, lock the door, turn off the light and say "I hate the Bell Witch" three times. In the middle of the night she's supposed to appear and do something to you. We've already been through this once since someone on the bus told Avery about Bloody Mary last year. Its similar. Avery is very freaked out about it.

  • After Avery shared the story and how scared it made him, Aidan ran around the rest of the night cackling, saying, "Hee Hee Hee, I'm the Bell Witch." Avery was even more freaked out. Brotherly love.

  • I'm so used to not having a complete conversation with anyone because of interruptions from the kids that even when they don't interrupt or something doesn't happen, I find myself pausing.

  • I think its easy to say that you will never have plastic surgery or do any altering treatments when you're young. Yeah, I said that but now every morning in the mirror I have to stare at these wrinkles in my forehead and Botox just isn't looking that bad.

5 comments:

Montee said...

I remember when we lived in Clarksville, my children were obsessed with The Bell Witch. We lived in Sango, which is near Adams, which is where she is. I also lived there when I was little and The Bell Witch was popular with us. After we moved to Texas, my kids told their friends here about the Bell Witch and they freaked everyone here out. There is a movie called An American Haunting ewhich I think is based on the story of the famous witch.

Susan said...

I saw the movie- I think it had Donald Sutherland in it. Since Avery was so freaked out, I didn't even venture to tell him that there really was a Bell family and they lived in TN. I remember reading a biography book of sorts when I was in 6th grade about the Bell family and what they say happened to them.

Sarah said...

ok I'm almost 28 and the Bell Witch story STILL freaks me out. Seriously if I hear someone talking about it or I start thinking about it too much I have to recite "The Lord hasn't given me a spirit of fear but of peace and a sound mind" out loud to get over it.

Heather said...

I just laughed out loud about Aidan running around the house saying that! Still laughing. You don't have any wrinkles!! 29 is too young to get them!!

Jennifer said...

You are NOT the only one who eats more when they're sick. I feel your pain, sister!