Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is all the craze on Facebook right now and I must admit it has been so fun reading everyone's. I thought I'd post mine to my blog as well. Some of them are a repeat from a post a while back where someone tagged me to do a list of random things.

1. I am adopted. I gained access to my records a little over seven years ago. I know my biological mom's name and other information but haven't attempted to find her yet.

2. I LOVE to sing in the car. I can't sing so that's where that talent is best kept. If you see me singing in my car, chances are I'm rockin' out to something 80's or praise and worship music.

3. I worked at Shoneys for 2 hours. The manager hired me to be a waitress (this was in my college years). I came in for orientation and had to watch this video. The manager let us go for lunch and I never went back.

4. I don't like large groups. I'd much rather be in a small group of people or better yet, even one on one. Yes- I'm agoraphobic. :)

5. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE crime shows. CSI and Criminal Minds are two of my favorites. I also like to watch true crime shows- Snapped is one of my favorites. This worries my husband. :)

6. Right out of college, I worked at the Department of Children Services where I investigated child abuse and neglect. I went in to the projects of Nashville at all hours of the night. It didn't bother me then- now I look back and wonder why in the world I did that and for so little money!!

7. I can touch my nose with my tongue.

8. My husband and I had a long distance relationship. When we were dating we talked on the phone so often that our phone bills came shrink wrapped to cardboard because they were too much to fit in an envelope.

9. I love books. I am a nerd (its ok- I own that). We went on a cruise a couple of years after we were married to Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Key West. I was most excited about the Hemingway house in Key West.

10. I've been repelling- rapelling- however you spell it. You know when you tie yourself to a rope and scale down a cliff...

11. I've stood on the stairs where they filmed the final scene of The Exorcist. Ok- the rules say random facts- can't get any more random than that.

12. I've had the windshield wiper fly off my car on the interstate in the middle of a downpour.

13. I am not a very trusting person. I never answer the door during the day unless I know someone is coming over. Could be too much of #5. A semi truck driver stopped to help me with my windshield wiper issue (see #12) and the first thing that ran through my mind was, "What if he's some kind of serial killer."

14. I've seen Milli Vanilli in concert along with Young MC.

15. I don't like cats. If you know me, you know that we have a cat. :(

16. I'm a get it done kind of girl- I don't mind moving furniture, mowing the grass, changing a tire...

17. I participated in my very first organized Bible study this past Fall. I was very nervous and way outside my comfort zone- see #4. I hope to do another this semester.

18. My dad, brother and I were all baptized at the same time.

19. If one of my children had been a girl, I would have named her Miranda Katherine.

20. I have always hated my nose- its way too big.

21. I am SO thankful that its by grace I am saved.

22. I HATE to talk on the phone. I really like to pay close attention when people are talking to me and I don't feel like I do that very well on the phone.

23. I have always wanted an island in my kitchen.

24. I have never been to Europe and would LOVE to go to Greece.

25. My most favorite memory of my childhood is my cousin and I staying weeks at a time during the summer at our great grandmother's house playing Barbies. :)

2 comments:

Montee said...

This is a very interesting list. Thanks for sharing! We have a lot in common.

Heather said...

crack me on some of these!!And just so you know, your nose is not big! I have never seen the exorcist and never will, that's freaky! I don't like taiking on the phone either, I am really bad it and have a horrible time answering my phone, just ask Sarah Andrews. Great list!! Thanks for sharing!