Monday, January 26, 2009

What's The Scoop

Product #1
Folex Carpet Cleaner

If you have any kind of stain any where on your carpets, run as fast as you can to WalMart and pick up this product! My friend Mandy suggested it to me a few weeks ago. At any given time, there are what seems like a million stains on our carpets. From spills of apple juice to spots where someone (wonder who that could be) wiped their cheeto hands on the carpet, to this huge coffee stain we've had forever, you name it and its probably been spilled or ground in to our carpets. I steam clean them frequently but even that doesn't get out the tough stains. Folex does! The coffee stain we've had forever that hardly any cleaning product would touch is gone. And it cleaned up many of our other stains. It retails for around $4.99. You may be able to purchase it at other stores but I bought mine at WalMart. I've only used it directly on the carpet. The instructions state that it can be used in steam cleaners. I can't wait to try that. I'll let you know how that works. Thanks Mandy!

Product #2

This is not a product but I wanted to share just in case anyone is in need of this information. We have a cat (I am not a cat lover) and she peed under Avery's bed. Uugh! I had cleaned, steam cleaned, and ousted the area and could not get that smell out. I googled removing the smell of cat urine from carpets and found this concoction. I did it this weekend and the smell is gone! So, just in case you need it, here is the recipe...

Mix together 3 parts water to one part vinegar.
Saturate the area with this solution- allow to dry.
Sprinkle baking soda over the area.
Mix together 16 oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tsp of dish washing liquid. Sprinkle over the entire area.
Allow to dry and vacuum up. If there is still some smell, repeat until the smell is gone.

It said to test in an area of your carpet to make sure it didn't bleach the carpet. I did not test because honestly, a bleach spot of carpet to me is better than a cat urine smell; however, it didn't bleach my carpet. I do have a very light beige carpet so I'm not sure how the solution would work on darker color carpets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I am SO thrilled that you posted about that carpet cleaner! That is WAY cheaper than what I normally buy and I can't even find it around here. Yeay! Thanks for the info!

Sarah said...

i love Folex! I was blog snoping a couple of months ago and found it on Mandy's blog so I decided to try it. We had a makeup stain on the carpet in our bathroom (ok #1 who puts carpet in a bathroom and #2 that's the difference between boys and girls~makeup-cheetos) from the girls playing in my makeup. I'd tried everything to get it out but we just had a BIG black spot..a little emabarassing. So I tried it and with about 5 minutes of rubbing (not scrubbing) it's GONE! Definitely one of my new favorite products.

Montee said...

I am going to have to get that Folex stuff. I have these little spots just appear out of nowhere on my carpet. Nothing has spilt, just a little spot. So, I am thinking these little spots are coming in on shoes which I ask my family to remove but some people do not listen. You know who you are.

We have a white fluffy cat that is cute but I am not a real cat lover either. Our cat acts like a dog so I can forgive him for being a cat. He does not use the bathroom in the house but if he ever does, I will use your suggestion.