Thursday, February 5, 2009

As Seen On TV

I have to apologize to the few readers I have. I have been in a blogging fog since Christmas. I'm hoping to come out of it soon and get some better and more consistent posts on here.
For the time being, you'll have to settle for a little humor.
My boys crack me up! They are most definitely all boy. They love to wrestle, play video games, and anything Star Wars. So, I have to laugh out loud when the commercial for the Snuggie blanket comes on TV. I don't know if there is some subliminal message hidden in this infomercial or if whoever planned the marketing strategy is a genius but my boys are GLUED to the tv. And yes, my boys ages 7 and 4 want a snuggie! They've even picked out what color. I just may have to take advantage of that buy one get one free deal - oh and don't forget the book light special gift for free!!

Here's another one that makes me laugh. The Buxton Organizer. I almost ended up with one of these for Christmas. The boys had seen the commercial several times and asked Jim if they could get me that. Thankfully, Jim had the good sense to steer them another direction (if you've read my earlier posts, you'll know this doesn't always happen).

And here's one that I really would like to try. Its the Steam Buddy. Anyone out there have one? If so, does it really work?

And the great thing is that you can get each of these for the low, low price of $19.95. One last question- just who is Billy Mays? Did he used to be famous and now has been forever banished to the world of tv infomercials or is he just some guy who seemed to have started with advertising oxy clean and now has a corner on the market?

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

jennifer said...

hilarious!

Montee said...

I tell you what, the makers of the Snuggie are making a killin'. I want one of those steamers too. Phillip has some Tommy Bahama shirts (I did buy for a VERY good price...$30.00 on sale at a friend's boutique)that are silk and need steaming.

Some of these things are starting to show up in stores. I wanted those little clips that pull the bra straps back (can't think of the name right now) and Britnee found them in a store in Waco so she bought them for me. I will get them from her in a couple of weeks and let you know how those work.

jennifer said...

Susan, I thought this was hilarious because we have been laughing about that Snuggie comm. too!! One year Julianna and Jake were convinced that I needed the vacuum suctioned big ziploc storage bag things that you suck all the air out of. They even called my mom to tell her thats what i wanted for Christmas!! Julianna got so excited when she saw them actually in a store once. She was so disappointed I didn't buy them! and Billy Mays? Who knows!!!

Heather said...

What is the deal with these snuggies?? Beth Moore has it on her blog too and let's just say you could wear that for Halloween and go as Obi Wan! LOL!! Apparently these are becoming pretty popular!