Monday, February 23, 2009

What's The Scoop

I absolutely love Netflix. Its affordable, hundreds of movies at your fingertips (some you can just download and watch), comes directly to your mailbox, and there is never a late fee. That late fee part is huge for us since we are horrible at getting rented movies back on time. I'm embarrassed to say that there have been times when we could have purchased the movie for what the late fees cost us. Oh and I almost forget- there is no contract- you can cancel any time.
A couple of months ago I thought about canceling our membership just for the sake of tightening up our budget a bit. I never got around to it and I'm glad I didn't. For under $20 a month (there are cheaper plans), we can have any three movies at our house at one time, keep them as long as we want, or return them as quickly as possible and continually have new movies rotating in and out. If you haven't checked them out, I'd highly recommend it.


My husband and our neighbor and friend coached Aidan's Indoor soccer team at the Y. We had seven kiddos on our team ranging from three to five years old. None of them had played an organized sport. Just to get a plug in, if your child hasn't played a sport yet and you want a calm, low key introductory to the world of sports, this is the way to go. The season was six weeks long, it was relatively inexpensive as sporting costs go, and it is very laid back- more focused on getting the kids acquainted with the sport and with playing on a team rather than winning.
Ashley and I thought it would be great to give our players something at the end of the season, especially since none of them had ever played before. I went online in search of trophies not expecting to find any inexpensive ones. But, I did. We got these very cute inexpensive soccer trophies for our team for $3.95 a piece with free engraving up to 40 characters. The shipping was less than $10 and we received them within 5 days of placing our order. The kids LOVED them. I think the more you buy the cheaper the price so if you are in need of trophies, plaques, medals, or any other kind of award, check out Crown Awards.

No comments: