Saturday, November 17, 2007

This is Your Gall Bladder

Several ladies in my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group were sharing stories on Wednesday about aging. We have ladies of all different ages in our group and what brings us all together is that we are at the same stage in our lives. I am on the older end of the spectrum in our group so I loved hearing the funny stories several other ladies shared about getting older.

Little did I know that I was to have my own story to share with an experience that very afternoon. I had a doctor's appointment because I'd been having some issues lately and I was certain I'd pop right in, tell the Dr. (who has had numerous years of med school) that I had acid reflux and I need that purple pill, Nexium. Turns out it may not be acid reflux but my gall bladder. So here's the conversation

Me: "Don't problems with your gall bladder happen to older people?"
Doctor (looking at my chart to- I'm certain view my birthdate) "Well Susan, you are 36."

Ok- so since my doctors visit I have learned that gall bladder issues are not necessarily for the elderly. :) But the whole conversation with my Dr. got me thinking-- if I doubled my age right now that's 72. I am MIDDLE AGED!!!!

Or maybe I just need to get an older Dr.-- age is relative. :)

No comments: