Thursday, November 8, 2007

Wearing Your Heart On Your Sleeve


I've read several quotations from the author C.S. Lewis- not quotations from his books but just personal things he has said. As I was just jumping from blog to blog (I've already admitted I'm a blogoholic-ha!), I came across this quotation from C.S. Lewis. I copied it so I could paste it on this post.

I know that sometimes I feel like feeling so deeply can be a curse, especially in this cruel world. This world we live in does not reward the meek and the compassionate but then we as Christians are not to "be" of this world. I think this quotation from C.S. Lewis was a wonderful reminder to me. I just wanted to share it.

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal … Lock it up safe in the coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket … it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable … The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell.”
C.S.Lewis

No comments: