Monday, May 26, 2008

Big Ben Ten Bash












I have to start this post off by telling you I dropped our digital camera in water- it was totally immersed. I pulled it right out but I don't think its going to make it. The boys have these superhero characters that are supposed to grow 300 times their size in water. We had a big bowl of water sitting on the kitchen counter with Venom and Lizard. I had put the camera on the ledge above the counter and as I was reaching for my lotion, I knocked it over right into the big bowl of water. You'll see what I mean about its not going to make it when you see the pictures on this post.
Yesterday we celebrated Avery's 7th birthday party (his actual b-day is the 29th) at Sumner Skate Zone. It was a fun time- very chaotic- but I think the kids had a lot of fun. Avery's only been skating a couple of times so he's still learning to balance. He fell a lot but did not want me to hold his hand (how sad- its already starting and he's only 7!) Aidan got those little fisher price skates that you can put on over your tennis shoes and he was good to go- they are a bit more stabilizing than regular skates.
Jim and I skated along with some of the other parents who were helping their kiddos too. We had a scary moment. Jim was holding Aidan and his feet slipped out from under him. He fell straight back on his back and bottom- thankfully Aidan fell on Jim. Everyone was ok- Aidan was more scared than hurt. Jim was ok but I think he's gonna be feelin' that today. He said he could already feel the soreness setting in last night. Its hard getting old! :)
Thanks to Mandy, we had an awesome Ben 10 cake along with some pizza and sodas. And a big thank you to everyone who came to celebrate!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like it was a great time! It's hard to believe that he's turning 7..makes me feel old.

as for your camera, have you tried putting it into the freezer? I know that sounds crazy but if you'll put it in there for a day or so it will evaporate the water (like if you leave an ice cube in there too long) and should then hopefully work again.

Montee said...

I remember the skating rink birthday parties with my two kids. Rainbow Skating Rink in Clarksville. They were the most fun! I loved skating with them (also went on every school field trip to the rink)and my favorite part was when they would play "Wipeout!"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking me to make Avery's cake! It looks like the party was a blast Ben 10 style for sure!!! Sorry about your cam, no solutions on how to fix- we had to replace ours that little Lukey threw away at Christmas, luckily the prices have gone down tremendously!
Love ya girl!
Mandy

Jennifer said...

What a blast! I'm planning Gavin's right now. Love the cake! It was fun seeing everyone last night.

Susan said...

Mandy- Everyone LOVED the cake- they just went on and on- you are talented, lady!!!
Montee- I was sad that they didn't do the wipeout game- that was one of my favorites in my younger roller skating days. They did do the Hokey Pokey. :)
Sarah- thanks for the camera advice.
Jennifer- when is Gavin's b-day? It was so nice to meet him face to face- sweet little man. I just love it when little boys just come right over and sit with you!!