Thursday, June 12, 2008

Did you say Bonnaroo?

Jim HATES Bonnaroo and you know I think he has the right. A couple of years ago, he was heading to Atlanta for a friends wedding. This was the first year of the Bonnaroo festival. Anyway, thankfully Avery and I had stayed behind (you'll see why I'm so thankful in a minute) because my mom broke her arm and needed some assistance. Poor Jim, not knowing a thing about Bonnaroo because you know that first year no one did until it actually started and then the traffic nightmare hit.
He sat on I-24 all night that first night. Missed his golf outing with his friends and all the other pre-wedding activities. His truck overheated. He had to leave it on the interstate (its not like traffic was moving), catch a ride with this woman (ok women- DO NOT pick people up and give them a ride, especially MEN! I mean my husband is a good man and I'm thankful that lady did but oh my goodness!) in to Manchester, and have his truck towed in.
He did make it in time for the wedding- thankfully. Since that year, he cringes whenever he hears the word Bonnaroo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah man! I understand. I sat in that Bonaroo traffic that first year and it nearly made me crazy. I learned my lesson! I've heard they have really made things a lot better, but I'd still rather NOT see for myself.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Poor Jim! I know a girl who was pregnant and got stuck over night...can you imagine...Jim can!!! :)
Laura Frost