Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Movies I Could Watch Again

I love a good movie. I'm not exclusive to just one genre. I love horror and psychological thrillers but also enjoy a good chick flick. There are very few movies I actually own because even if I really like a movie, chances are I'm not going to watch it again.
Here are some movies I never get tired of...

Steel Magnolias
I absolutely love this movie. I think I start crying earlier in the movie every time I watch it. Sally Field's speech standing at her daughters grave about how she can run 5 miles but her daughter can't and how she's so angry she just wants to hit somebody, etc just makes me bawl. And then as I'm crying like crazy, Olympia Dukakis' character adds some comic relief when she pushes Shirley Maclaine's character toward Sally and says hit her.

The Sixth Sense
Great thriller!! I could watch this movie many times because each time I see something I missed. I don't know that M. Night Shymalan will ever make another movie to eclipse this one.

The Little Mermaid
This is my favorite disney movie. I remember going to see it with Meredith in college and us being the only two in the theater without kids. :) I have it on VHS but sadly my two boys are just not interested.

Derailed
If you haven't seen this one its a must rent. Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen do a great job in this film. Its very intense. I was on the edge of my seat through a lot of the movie. I was so into the characters and the action that my stomach hurt. It is R because of some violence and language.

In The Bedroom
Another must rent. Sissy Spacek and Tom Wilkinson give amazing performances in this heart wrenching story. It leaves you wondering what you would have done had you been in their shoes.

Beaches
What can I say, I like a good cry now and then. I love this story of friendship. I had the soundtrack on cassette!

There may be a few more that should be on this list but I'll stop there. I'd love to know some of your favorites.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love movies! For a long time we didn't have cable so we just rented movies. My favorite is tie between P.S. I Love You and The Notebook. Others I love are You've Got Mail (I can almost quote the whole movie), Failure to Launch, Goonies, Willy Wonka the original, Lord of the Rings trilogy, and Hitch just to name a few.

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog design!