Friday, August 15, 2008

This Week In Review

Its been a hectic week. I think the first week of school is for everyone. Avery started 2nd grade on Monday at Station Camp Elementary. He is loving it which is a huge praise! He has come home every afternoon talking about how much he loves his teacher, Ms. Huey. He had an assignment where he had to choose three things from home that somehow describe who he is as a person. He then had to write a sentence about each one stating why he chose that particular item. He chose a baseball, a lego person, and a Bible. My heart just melted when he said he wanted to take a Bible. His sentence on why he chose the Bible, "I love Jesus and the Bible is God's word."
Wednesday was my 37th birthday. Our good friends and neighbors, Ashley and Jason kept our boys so that Jim and I could go eat. We went to Barfields in The Shoppes at Indian Lake. If you haven't been its definitely worth checking out. The food was good and the prices were very reasonable. It was nice to be able to sit and talk (and not cut anyone else's food up- ha!). We walked around the shops for a while and just enjoyed being together. Thanks Ashley and Jason! And thanks to our good friends Saundra and Tim, we will be doing that again tonight. Thank you guys!!!! Jim and I won't know what to do. We don't get out without the kids as much as we'd like to and here we are doing it twice in one week!
Aidan's birthday party is on Sunday afternoon so we are in the middle of getting ready for it. He is so super excited. He's never had a party away from the house before. Every day he wants me to tell him about 300 times who's coming! :)
And I just wanted to say a few words at the passing of a part of our family. Our big blow up water slide bit the dust this past weekend. We are so sad, especially the boys partly because I think they know we will not be getting another one (unless I find one on clearance). We have had a blast with this slide and it was a good summer activity that wore the boys out! We will definitely miss it.
I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting back into the routine of the school year a bit more. I'd say I'm looking forward to slowing down a bit but at this point I'm thinking that must not happen until your kids leave for college!

2 comments:

Montee said...

Avery sounds like my Brett. Brett would have definitely picked The Bible and baseball. Susan, I hate to tell you, things don't slow down much when they get to college either. Maybe a little easier but no slowdown. Glad to hear school is going well.

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Looks so fun!! And I LOVE the song that came on when I clicked on your blog!! You've lost that loving feeling, takes me right back to Top Gun!! :)