Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lucky Number 13



Thirteen years ago today Jim and I were married. Its funny to look back to those first few years. Our first year of marriage was no doubt the hardest. We can laugh about it now and we are very aware that God carried us through that year.
So, Happy Anniversary Harvey! (if you don't know the story behind the names Jim and Harve, e-mail me-ha!)
In honor of my husband and our thirteen years of marriage, here are thirteen things I love about him!!
1. He loves the Lord
2. He loves me with all of his heart
3. He loves our boys unconditionally
4. He would rather spend time with me and the boys than do any thing else anywhere else
5. He moved from his home in North Carolina to middle Tennessee so that I could be closer to my family
6. He is a compassionate man and is not afraid to show his emotions.
7. There was no hesitation on his part when my mother became ill and needed to live with us. He took care of her just like I did.
8. He has an odd sense of humor. After thirteen years I've finally grown accustomed to seeing a movie with him and having him cackle out loud at something that no one else in the theater is laughing at.
9. He's skilled and can fix just about anything around the house or the car. (Now getting him to do that is another story- just kidding sweetie!)
10. He loves my friends deeply and would do anything if any of them were in need.
11. He is honest.
12. He's a hands on, get down in the floor and wrestle, sit in the chair and read, play the Wii kind of dad.
13. And last but not least, he's put up with me for the last thirteen years and that's no easy task.
Love you Harvey!

5 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a GREAT day! Do you want the boys to come over tonight so you can go out? We are so glad you are married and are such a great influence on our kids!

Montee said...

Happy Anniversary! The first year was definitely the hardest for us too. Two hard heads thinking it was my way or the highway. Oh, but the years fly by, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a match made in heaven!

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary, my BFF and BOMH (brother of my heart.) To commemorate the 13 years since the White/Waters alliance was formed, I give you 13 things that I love about my BOMH, some funny, some serious, all true.

1. "Whatcha gonna do with your life someday?"
2. THE RAPTOR "Harve, what were you doing behind Meredith at O'Charley's?"
3. "Sir, this is a pre-pay pump, sir."
4. "Chickamawchickamawmaw"
5. "You are here" (1408)
6. Watching Drake while I was in labor with Kinsey so that my parents could be with me
7. Telling off the MAID of honor the night before the wedding (snicker, snicker)
8. "Open up a can"
9. Knows that cats do not belong on counters (we love you!!!)
10. Shares my affinity for the ice planet of Hoth
11. Moved to Tennessee (that year away from my BFF was no fun!)
12. "Bungle in the Jungle"
13. His moving speech at Drake's baby dedication

I love you guys. I feel honored to have been standing with you as you made your vows. You are truly perfect for each other. Thank you for being the absolute best friends and godparents. I vow to always "kill the spiders" in your life whenever it's in my power. ;)
The MATRON of Honor (teehee)