Monday, September 22, 2008

What's The Scoop

I am currently dieting so one of this Monday's What's The Scoop's product is about that. I promise next Monday's items will not be.

Product #1
No Pudge Fudge Brownies
Have you seen these in your local grocery store? I found them at Kroger. The package is bright pink with a pig on it (nice- put a pig on the diet brownies box!). It was located with the other regular Duncan Hines-Betty Crocker brownie mixes. I am doing the point system with Weight Watchers and was struggling to find something to satisfy my chocolate craving with few points. So I bought the No Pudge brownies and made them at home. They were good- not Ghiradelli chocolate, caramel, nut good but for 2 point brownies- good. The texture is a little different from regular brownies but how could it not be. All you add to the mix is 2/3 cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt. My seven year old even loved them.
They were expensive at almost $3.50 a box. It was difficult to buy them at this price, especially when you see the "real" brownie mix just below it for as low and $1.09. The cost will probably prevent me from buying them often. I talked to a friend who uses applesauce and other healthier things in place of vegetable oil when baking so I may get some recipes from her and try to make them on my own.

Product #2
The Wii Gaming System
You have to know me to know that for me to say any type of gaming system is good, it has to be GOOD. I'm just not a video game person. I have to tell you though, I absolutely LOVE the Wii. We got one for our boys for Christmas last year and have all enjoyed it. In my opinion the best games are ones like Wii sports, Carnival games, Wii Play, and Mario and Sonic Olympics. If you haven't played one you need to. It really is something the whole family can enjoy. At $249 its one of the most affordable gaming systems out there (especially when you consider that the Playstation 3 is $399. And the coolest aspect of the Wii is that you have to get up and move to play the games. If you're bowling you are up and swinging the wireless remote as if you were throwing a bowling ball. My boys also love the level games like Indiana Jones Lego and Kung Fu Panda.
If you think you want one for Christmas start looking now. They continue to be difficult to keep in stock. I was at the Target in Hendersonville this morning and they had four.
Just an added note- after looking around on several sites, it looks like they are bundling the console with extra accessories and games. The $249 we paid was only for the console, one remote, and Wii Sports.
And one other note- Wii games are expensive. What we've found that helps is to either rent from a video place like Hollywood or borrow from friends before purchasing. You can weed out ones you may not like.

2 comments:

Montee said...

Brett has a PS3. We did not buy it. He wheeled and dealed with a ballplayer who got it for him. I think the guy had some connections. Anyway, he is hooked on Call Of Duty. He can play with friends or anyone over the internet. He wears a bluetooth and talks to whomever is playing. It's kind of cool but I wish he had the Wii so that he would have to move around a bit.

Stephani said...

We love Wii too...we bought the Wii Fit a few months ago and it is the greatest!!! It is definitely something that the whole family can enjoy together!