Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Know Why The Word Diet Has Die In It


Ok so maybe that title is a little over the top. And I'm not really dieting in the sense that I'm doing the Atkin's plan or South Beach. I've decided that I can't do that. I can't not have carbs. I did decide to limit my intake of sweet stuff. I know myself and if I say I'm removing that altogether from what I eat, it will be my downfall. I'm allowing myself to splurge a bit once a week so as not to set myself up for failure.
Here's my question though and maybe its just me. Maybe no one else has this problem. Every time I even think to myself about limiting what I eat, I feel my hunger level rise. Do you? I know its mind games. I used to have amazing self control. I was the kind of person who would take my slim fast shake to Burger King and sip away while my co-workers had whoppers and fries. Now just the thought of even drinking a slim fast shake makes me nauseous!
Today I went to Mimi's Cafe with some friends. It was such a nice lunch and so nice to hang out with them. At the end of our lunch, our waiter brought us all four HUGE muffins in a container to take home.
Side note- If you eat at Mimi's Cafe and you are a first time customer, ask for your free muffins to take home. They give all new customers free muffins.
So here I am with these four HUGE, scrumptious looking muffins just sitting on my kitchen table. I'm going to make Jim take them to work with him in the morning. For me what I've realized is that its much easier to practice self control when you don't have so many temptations in reach. Immediately when I limit myself food wise, that's the very thing(s) I crave the most.
So I'm off to move the muffins some where out of sight and to have some yummy no butter, plain, 94% fat free popcorn. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious. tell yourself you can't have fruit, vegetables, and rice cakes. sorry to tempt you with the muffins! it'll be worth it later!

Tracy Brothers said...

I am so with you. What is it about our rebellious spirits that makes us immediately want to eat when we decide we will diet? Thanks for the tip on Mimi's Cafe. I'll be sure and tell them I am NOT a first time customer.

Audrey said...

haha - I love the title to this post!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you!! I swear I would stop buying M&M's at Kroger if they would stop putting them on sale!! I need to stop eating so many sweets too!! I am so glad y'all had a good lunch, I wish I would have been there!!
Heather

Montee said...

I just need to stop watching Food Network. Paula Deen, The Neely's and Giada are no help at all. I swear as soon as I see them cooking, my stomach starts growling!