Monday, September 15, 2008

What's the Scoop

My friend Sarah did a post about how to write a successful blog. There were many helpful hints one of which was to begin a series of posts that you post on a certain day of the week. She has Monday Musings- you should check it out. Since reading that, I've been trying to think of something that I could post about once a week. So, Mondays are going to be What's the Scoop day. Every Monday I'll post about a product or products I or someone in my household has used,what we thought about it, and whether its worth the money.
I always love to hear about what people think about products they use, especially if I'm going to purchase it for the first time. Feel free to leave a comment about a product I post about or if you want to share a product leave me a comment. Obviously these posts are just my opinion.

Product #1
The Ped Egg

I know you've seen it. The commercial comes on tv about a million times a day it seems. Its in the shape of an egg and helps to file down those callous or hard spots on your feet. And it catches all of the "shavings" in the bottom portion of the egg which you just empty, wash and set to dry until your next use.
I bought mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $9.99. They had the regular Ped Egg and a pink one where a portion of the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research. Both were the same price so why not purchase a pink one and help a good cause.
I LOVE it! I don't want to go in to too much detail about my feet but they were in need of some assistance. With the first use I could tell a huge difference. The rough spots around my big toes were gone! It was easy to assemble and easy to use. I liked it so much that I went back and bought one for my husband.
I've also seen them at Target for $9.99

Product #2
Pixos (aka Aquadots)
Do you remember these from last year? They were all set to be the craze for Christmas when it was discovered that the little beads were toxic. They were pulled from the shelves.
Now, they're back repackaged and renamed Pixos.
I bought a starter kit for each of my boys, ages 4 and 7. The age on the box says 4 and up. We sat down last night to do them. Frustrating with a capital "F." Both boys got frustrated because the pen dispenser you fill up with beads kept getting clogged. When the beads did come out of the dispenser, they never went to the place you wanted them to go on the template. I ended up doing most of my 4 year olds.
You should be able to spray them with water and they "magically" adhere to each other creating whatever template you chose. In my boys cases it was a dog and a cat. The box says to spray the dots on the template and allow them to dry for 10 minutes. No. Try 30+ minutes and then it was difficult to remove the creation from the template without it falling apart.
I bought these starter kits for $14.99 at Target.
Personally I didn't like them and my kids were too frustrated to enjoy playing with it. I don't think that Pixos will be on our Christmas lists

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I'll be buying a Pediegg! What are you guys up to today? Want to play this afternoon? It's SO nice out!

Unknown said...

Love your new Monday scoop! I love to get new ideas.
I have the Pediegg, and agree, it is awesome. It's hard to believe what all that little tool takes off! YUCK! I have some of the worst feet ever, so I was happy to find it. I found mine at Walmart a few months ago for about the same price I think.
Thanks for the tip on the other. You saved me some trouble and advice on what not to get!

Montee said...

I am planning on buying a Ped Egg. My feet are terrible during the winter months. It's bad when your husband's feet are softer than your own. Phillip's are like a baby's bottom.

Catrina said...

This is awesome! You should go to shespeaks.com and sign up to get free products to try out and then talk about them. I am getting ready to try the new Steam N Mash potatoes :-)