Friday, December 12, 2008

Let Go My Legos!

It never fails. Every year one or both of my children ask for a certain toy for Christmas that is super hard to find. And its not like you know months before when the stores have plenty of them that that particular item is going to be the toy or toys that will be so popular. A couple of months ago my youngest asked for a Batman lego set. A couple of months ago every single retail store and toy store had many of this set in stock. It's the Lego Batman Harley Quinn Hammer Truck lego set. For you die hard lego fans, I don't have the set number.
Anyway, why, you ask, didn't I purchase said set months ago? Because its a Batman lego set. I really didn't think it would be that hard to come by for Christmas. Apparently, I thought wrong. I simply cannot find it anywhere. And I have looked just about everywhere online and in store. The only ones I can find are on ebay for $80 to $100. The set retails for $29.99. Why must the sellers on ebay snatch up every single set of something and then price gouge?? I'm all for making a little money and I'd be willing to give you $35 or $40 for the set- maybe even $45. The seller would still make money. But NO, here in the land of greed and money lust, they want more than three times what its worth.
So, no my youngest will not get what he's asked for unless one of the retail stores gets it back in stock. I love him and want him to be happy but I don't think missing out on the Harley Quinn Hammer Truck will scar him for life. Paying $100 for it would; however, scar me and our Christmas budget.
Before I leave you, I have to share what I DID find while I was searching for Batman legos. Just in case anyone is interested, you can purchase a life size lego Batman (yes, I said life size- when put together it stands over 78" tall), at FAO Schwartz for a mere $27,000. But, they're SOLD OUT!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no susan!! I will keep looking for it when I am out and about. I am so sorry!!! It must be a hot item this year!!! I hope you find it- that makes me so mad that those people will mark up stuff like that! RIdiculous!

Jennifer said...

Do you watch The Office? They had an episode last night where Dwight did that very thing. He bought up all of the hottest "IT" dolls and sold them for a crazy profit. Sorry you can't find it. I agree though, he definitely won't be scarred for life. I'll let you know if I see it anywhere.

Montee said...

Oh, I remember the days of the hard to find toy. It's easier when they get older, promise.

Wow, $27,000 for a Lego Batman! I'm not sure that even millionare Bruce Wayne would pay that!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Bummer that it it out! Of course that would be something we would love to get now that you mentioned it. :) Hope you find it soon!