Wednesday, December 3, 2008

MASH

M A S H

1. List 3 boys you'd marry

1. List 3 cars you want

1. List 3 places you want to live

0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Did you ever play this game when you were younger? I remember my girlfriends and I playing this all the time. I was reminded of it because I saw a piece of flair on Facebook. Its hilarious to think back on some of the things I chose to write down for the categories. I'm sure that at least one of the "three boys I liked" was the latest pop/rock guy or the newest teen heart throb. I'm certain I probably had the likes of Ralph Macchio (sp?) and Kirk Cameron on there somewhere. What can I say. I grew up in the 80's. :)
My cars were always outrageous. I remember always putting porsche and lamborghini(I can't even spell them!) and then just for fun, throwing in some normal car. My "places to live" were always some place tropical.
And for those of you who have never played MASH, the M stands for mansion, A for apartment, S for shack, and H for house. The numbers at the bottom- 0,1,2,3,4 were the number of kids you would have. Now, I'm getting old so my memory is not what it used to be but I think you picked a number from 1 through 5. Let's say you picked the number 5. You started at the M and counted each letter and then went through each column. Every time you got to five, you would mark that off the list. You continued to do that until you only had one thing left in each category.
So, it was possible to live in a Shack, be married to Ralph Macchio, drive a porsche, live in the Bahamas, and have 4 children!! :)
So come on girls- did you ever play this when you were younger?

5 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

You know I did. And loved it. And somehow would literally dream of what my life would be like if I were married to so and so. . . but I always listed boys that I had a crush on in school. That is a fun memory. :) Hilarious to think of those things now.

Montee said...

Yes, we did this! My memory is not so good either.

Heather said...

Absolutely, which is why I was making bad grades in math class, I was more concerned about my fantasy life!!! I loved playing that game, thanks for bringing up a great memory!

Sarah said...

I couldn't help but laugh as I read this!! Of course I did this!!!! Too funny. I think we may have been separated b/c I did the same thing as you...outrageous cars (sometimes I'd throw in a Pinto!), boys I had a crush on, and exotic places to live. Did you also do the paper game that you folded into a triangle thing and had to lift the flaps??

Audrey said...

are you kidding me?!?! just about EVERY road trip of my life, the game MASH somehow made it into the car ride! :)