Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What's The Scoop?

A day late and a dollar short- story of my life lately. :) I know that this post is supposed to happen on Mondays but with the freaky "no snow" snow days our county has been getting (at least one a week for the past three weeks), I haven't had time to get typical things done much less post on the blog. What can I say, I live in Tennessee where even the minute threat of snow or ice is apparently paralyzing. :)

Product #1
The Wii Fit

Because its a long story, I won't get in to how I received my Christmas present from my hubby early. I'm so glad I did. My family and I have had the best time with the Wii Fit. It calculates your weight, BMI and your Wii fit age. I can't say I was happy about some of that but it was a good motivator to kick working out in to a higher gear.
So, its fun if you do it by yourself and can really give you a good workout. There's yoga, balance, aerobics, and strength training. And the stuff you do is fun! Yes, I said it- exercising is fun (with the Wii Fit). The best part is that my boys love it. They love it and they don't even realize they are exercising.
One of my favorites is the aerobic hula hooping. I hear you laughing. :) You try hula hooping for 2 minutes straight- it can kick your booty! I also love this one because it is hilarious to watch people on the Wii Fit board hula hooping! My four year old just cannot get the motion but its funny to watch him try. Its really fun to watch Jim (I may have to video him!). I'm certain I'm quite funny to see also.
If you have a Wii and are thinking of purchasing a game for it, get the Wii Fit. Here in Middle Tennessee they have been difficult to find but if you find one, you won't regret it.

My last part of What's the Scoop is not a product. My boys decided to run the one mile Jingle Bell jog at our local Y this past Saturday. Our neighbor and friend, Ms Ashley was running the 5K before the jog. The boys were super excited to get there and cheer her on from the sidelines. It was freezing! The boys put jingle bells on their shoes and took off for the one mile run. Avery ran the entire mile and LOVED it. He's asked to start running so he can run the 5K next year. Aidan had fun too! He didn't quite make it the entire mile but he ran his little heart out. They received "medals" at the end. Check out their pictures here and here. You may have to scroll down to find the boys. It was a lot of fun and at the end, we got to watch the Frostbite Freeze where adults and kids alike took a plunge into the outside Y pool. The temp of the water was a chilly 37 degrees!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you you guys had a great time!! I love seeing the pics of your boys run and all the kids little red noses!! kuddos to the boys for doing that!!

So you like the Wii Fit? I was wondering if that is something that I will want to get one day, after Christmas of course!! Hopefully I will see you at church on Sunday!! Also thanks for your encouraging words on my blog about church, it mean a lot to me to get that encouragement!!

Montee said...

The Wii Fit looks like a lot of fun. Okay, I would love to see that Jingle Bell Jog but I'm not so sure about doing the Frostbite Freeze. I'd have to be a little touched in the head to do that!