Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th from Kiser Avenue





I love my neighbors. They are some of the most wonderful people and my family and I feel so blessed to live near them. For the past few years, we have come together and shot off fireworks. Its usually on the 3rd since many of us have plans to watch fireworks somewhere else on the 4th. The kids have fun playing together and the adults get to sit and visit a bit while watching. We love Ashley, Jason and their girls and Stacey, Darrell, Darryan and Darrell. This year we have a new addition to Kiser, the Dungeys. I have to admit when houses went up for sale on Kiser, we were a bit concerned about who we might get as neighbors. We prayed diligently about it and God blessed us with James, Cathy, and their daughter Jaclyn. They fit right in. Now if we could only talk Darrell and Stacey in to staying!!
So, Happy 4th from Kiser Avenue. We hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday. For all those men and women who have served, are serving, or have loved ones serving in our country's armed forces, we sincerely thank you. God bless America.
And we still miss you Vickie! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July!
God bless U.S.A.

Best wishes,

Riitta & family,
Finland Europe.

Audrey said...

cute post

Montee said...

Susan, that looks like so much fun. Lucky you with good neighbors. We have stinky neighbors in our neighborhood in TX. Well, they don't stink literally but they are snobby! I miss our fun neighbors when we lived in TN.

I spent my 4th at the MBraves ballgame. The players wore jerseys with flags printed on them. We had fireworks. I did almost cry when the National Anthem was sung by a soldier. I just want them to get their jobs done and come home safely. God Bless them.

By the way, I was in Nashville for my brother's wedding and wanted to meet you and some of the other girls on Tracy's blog. Things did not workout so I will try again next time I'm up there! I may be up in December with my son for a baseball camp at Vandy. He would like to go there and play ball.

Susan said...

Hi Riita from Finland! I have always wanted to visit there.

Montee- what a great way to spend the 4th! I think the soldier singing the anthem would have made me cry too. I agree with you- let them get done and get back home as soon as they can!! There is a house for sale right across the street from us. :) LOL I know we've never met but I think you'd fit right on in. Would love to meet you!! If you make it up in December we will have to plan that! Vanderbilt is a wonderful university for so many reasons. My husband's nephew has decided to go the pre-med route and he came to tour Vandy not too long ago- he will graduate from high school next Spring. When will your son graduate?

Montee said...

Brett will just be a Junior this year so he has a couple of years yet. We have Jeff Francour staying with us and he said his parents graduated from Vandy. He said they are good friends with Coach Corbin, the baseball coach. He said he will speak to him about Brett. We have plenty of people to talk to the coach but the rest is up to Brett. Brett would love to play ball there and he was thinking about Pathology as a major.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! :)
I must say that USA is much more interesting country.
I know what I`m talking about, because we lived there in Wisconsin in 1980`s.

This summer here in Finland has been really cool and rainy.
I hope we will get better weather soon.

Wishing You & your family God`s blessings
Riitta

Susan said...

Hi Riita!
I was just curious how you found my blog? I'm so glad you left a comment. Do you have children? Would love to know a little bit about you. Maybe the weather will clear soon for you- is it typically rainy and cool in the summer there? If I could send you some of our heat and sun I would! LOL! Its in the 90's here just about everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, maybe you already sent some heat and sun to us! :) This day has been a little bit warmer than yesterday (no rain!). Thanks!
I found your blog by chance, I was surfing in internet. I liked your blog and though to leave a message.
I have two grown-up children.
Regards,
Riitta.

Anonymous said...

What would we do without you guys as our neighbors???