Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Its All In The Knees

I've added a poll in the upper right hand corner of my blog. I was just wondering what you use to get stains out of your kiddos clothes. I use Shout exclusively. I bought Avery new jeans from Old Navy at the beginning of the school year and by December, there was a hole in at least one knee of each pair of pants. It also happened with these brand new gymboree pants- in the knees. So at the end of December, I bought him a couple of pairs of jeans from the Gap- thinking they might be better made. Just this past week I noticed that a hole is starting in the knee of two pair of those pants.
I have a theory that the composition of Shout somehow compromises the fabric and that's why he's getting holes in the knees so quickly. That or he's just a little boy who is rough on his clothes! :)
What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could try (gasp) Sears. Don't they have that program where they replace anything for life that wears out?

Sarah said...

I agree with Saundra I'd try Sears. The program is called kidvantage and if your child wears it out before they out grow it they will replace it...even Levis! It may not be the coolest place to shop but you can find some great deals there, and even clearance items are part of the deal!

Anonymous said...

I was a shout user, but it just wasn't getting everything out. I switched to the oxiclean stain remover spray, and it seems to work pretty good!
Dreft is also pretty good...
I didn't know that about Sears, that's cool! It could be a combo of stain stuff and being a boy.
I was typing this, the song Dance With My Father came on. (tears) WHEW- I wound up sitting here reminiscing and remembering my Dad while listening. Love that song, and Luther. Thanks for a moment to just sit.
Mandy

Susan said...

Ok- I think I'll have to give the Sears thing a try. :) I just hate going to Rivergate Mall. :)
Oh Mandy- I'm sorry it made you cry. I love that song too and it always makes me cry when I hear it- but its kind of a therapeutic cry for me.
I'll have to try the Oxiclean next time I buy stain remover.