Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oh the Horror!


I LOVE scary movies. Not the slice and dice, gory stuff but the psychological thrillers. I also enjoy a good Dean Koontz or Stephen King novel. I often wonder how they come up with their ideas and sometimes worry about them. I mean don't you think you have to be a little off to write some of that stuff? Maybe you have to be a little off to enjoy reading it too- I hope not! :)
If you've ever read a Stephen King novel then seen it on the big or small screen, you know that for whatever reason, his writing just does not translate well. I think the same could be said for Dean Koontz. Well, Jim and I watched a movie this weekend based on a Stephen King story. I've not read this particular story but I can tell you that finally that edge of the seat, fear of the unknown, rapidly beating heart feeling you get when you're reading a King novel finally came across on the big screen- or at least that was the case for Jim and me. If you haven't seen the Mist, I would recommend it. Its not gory and most of the intensity comes from what you can't see on the screen. If you've seen it or see it, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought about the ending.

No comments: