Friday, April 4, 2008

What Do You Think About This?

My friend Carrie had this video on her blog. I urge you to check out her blog post and the comments section where many left scripture quotations. I have to admit that I was blown away by it. Now, I haven't had a wonderful opinion of Oprah for a while. She has done some very good things and has been extremely generous with her money; however, it seems as if she can never just do something charitable or good without an enormous amount of self promotion. I had heard a little about her new book club selection and some about her XM Satellite radio show. I was blown away when Oprah was speaking to the ladies in her audience and said Jesus was not the only way. It was frightening to me to watch this clip because there are so many people who love and adore Oprah- she has a profound influence in our society today. It also unnerved me to hear a few of the people on the video state that they are Christians and that this book changed their whole way of thinking about spirituality and God. To me that is proof how many are so easily led astray by a charismatic personality. I'd love to hear what you think after you watch this clip. You'll have to scroll down, looking on the right and turn off my Music That I Love sidebar so you can hear this.

No comments: