Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oldies but Goodies


My friend and I were talking the other day about how much we love the worship music at Long Hollow. Its powerful and sometimes I have to fight back the tears- its that emotional. As much as I love the music I sometimes miss those old hymns we sang (out of a hymnal) growing up in church.

Precious Lord take my hand
Lead me on, help me stand
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn
Through the storm through the night
Lead me on to your light
Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home.

Just a closer walk with thee
(just a closer walk with thee)
Grant it Jesus tis my plea
(just a closer walk with thee)

Daily walking close to thee

Let it be, dear Lord, let it be
I am weak but thou art strong

(just a closer walk with thee)
Jesus keep me from all wrong

(just a closer walk with thee)

I'll be satisfied just as long as I walk close to thee


Those are just two of my favorites. I think I love them because they both reference walking with the Lord, our father. They both speak of His strength. Just a closer walk with Thee, dear Lord. Tis my plea. I'll be satisfied just as long as I walk close to thee.

3 comments:

Montee said...

I miss the old hymns also. Every now and then we will sing one in church. Two of my favorites:Amazing Grace and when I was a little girl, Onward Christian Soldiers. When I was a little girl singing that in church, I would imagine Jesus leading Christians into battle against the Devil and I felt strong singing it. I alway loved when my mother would play her Elvis album of him singing hymns. He could really sing those songs.

Jennifer said...

I just happened to read this post this morning and had "Just a closer walk with Thee" in my head all day long. Not a bad thing to have in your mind all day. Thanks. This makes me think of my church growing up.

Susan said...

The group Selah has an awesome medley with these two songs. If you have itunes you can pull it up. Its definitely worth a listen. :)