Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

I have a cookbook called Miss Daisy Cooks Light-Keeping the Taste and Losing the Fat in Southern Cooking. I've modified her recipe a bit but this has become a regular meal in our house. Its easy and its low fat/low cal.
Chop 1/2 medium onion and 1/2 green bell pepper.
Saute in skillet in olive oil until tender. Remove
Spray nonstick spray and cook 3 skinless boneless chicken breast in skillet- turning until fully cooked.
Add onion and bell pepper to skillet
1 clove garlic
In a small bowl combine
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 can tomato sauce (small can)
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes
Uncover, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese and cover for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
We put it over pasta in our house and serve.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I am DEFINITELY going to have to try this one. I'm going to the store today so I know what I'll be buying!

Anonymous said...

This looks very YUMMY!
I like your blog!

Unknown said...

Hey can I use your recipes for the MOPS cookbook? I see you and Ashley put them on your blogs, and thought I would see if I could add them in.
Mandy LeMay

Susan said...

Hey Mandy!
Sure. I'll e-mail you too in case you don't get back to check the comments.

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.