Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Raise Your Hand If You're Sure


I'm not so sure my deodorant is doing it's job full strength lately. Ok- maybe this is too much information (sorry) but I thought who better to get some advice and suggestions from than a bunch of women who I hope use deodorant. LOL! I have been strictly a Secret girl as far back as I can remember. I've always loved it and its always worked. My issue that I'm having now with it is that apparently it does stop any kind of body odor when I sweat but its not keeping me dry. I wouldn't want to raise my hand if I felt I were sweating for fear of the dreaded wet spot under the arms. Anybody used anything other than Secret and been pleased?

Also, is there really a deodorant that doesn't leave that icky white stuff on your clothes? I know they always advertise that there is and they make people wear their shirts inside out on those commercials to prove it. Secret "invisible" solid still leaves that white stuff on my clothes.

I know if you've read this far you're thinking right about now what kind of life do I have that I've just blogged about deoderant. :)

9 comments:

carriehayes said...

i actually love this topic!!! Audrey will too...you will hear from her I know! i rarely wear deo...b/c of the aluminum...but when i have to i wear DOVE! i love it! and i just want you to know that it doesn't bother me if you stink :) i would rather us all stink and not get cancer! so don't wear it unless you absolutely have to! or get the kind without aluminum.

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!! I don't really have a problem (other than remembering to wear it), but I haven't found anything that truly doesn't leave white streaks. Will the REAL invisible deodorant please stand up???

I either did a blog post about this or meant to a couple of months ago. I did ask around informally, and some people suggested suave. I even saw a spot on the today show that talked about this and tested four brands to see which was best. I've recently switched from Secret (all my life!) to Degree ultraclear which I like but is STILL not invisible (despite the "ultraclear". I also was traveling, had forgotten deodorant, and got Dove "invisible" solid. I really like the way it smells, but still not invisible.... So, no invisible help here, but I do like Dove and Degree better than Secret. They've changed their formula I think!

dawn said...

hi i use dove ultimate clear. its by far the best and leaves no white residue ever. allure magazine
rated it the best for 2007 i hope this helps!

Susan said...

Hey is this Dawn from Asheville? I tried to view the profile to make sure but there wasn't anything on the page. If so, so glad you got on!!

dawn said...

yes its me! i finally got on

Audrey said...

yes, here i am, C! :-) Go stinky it won't bother me (kidding). But, yes, everything Carrie said. I use my aluminum free (or none at all) when I'm around the house. If I'm going to the gym or out I use Dove. I love the Green Tea & Cucumber scent.

Susan said...

Who makes aluminum free? I have heard about the aluminum issue but haven't really been able to read as much on it as I want. Why don't more deodorants go aluminum free?
That Green Tea and Cucumber sounds wonderful- I'm going to have to try that. And the dove ultimate clear too.
I bought some degree the other day and I have to say it is keeping me dry.
Thanks girls.

Audrey said...

The one I seem to find in more stores is "Simply Basic". I have the melon delight scent. It's in a clear tube with light green deodorant and a little picture of watermelon, cucumbers, & melon on the front. It's easy to miss because they don't usually have a lot of them but I always seem to find it at Wal-Mart.

Audrey said...

oh and one more fun fact about alumninum--- it's linked to alzheimer's.