Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Who Wants Some Snow?



I do!
I was so hoping to wake up to it this morning. Yes, I am one of those people who gets her hopes up when the weather guy(I watch Jeff Ray on channel 2) even slightly mentions the possibility of snow even though our weather people's records of prediction are not very high.
I grew up in Middle Tennessee and growing up, we always had at least a couple of good snows a year. Now if you're from Duluth, what I consider a good snow and what you do I'm certain is very different. We would get at least 3 or more inches a couple of times during the winter. I remember sledding with the neighbor kids- we had an awesome hill on our road. The snowball fights were so much fun- we had kids from two streets over who would come to join in on the action.
I want to do that stuff with the boys. I know they would really get into sledding. But, other than the snow we got 5 or so years ago (do you remember that one- it hit quickly and was not really predicted), we haven't really had anything- at least anything you can really play in. Avery was about 18 months old when we had that big snow and I remember bundling him up and taking him out to play and he still remembers it. At the beginning of every winter, he asks if we'll have enough snow this year to build a snowman.
It snowed (really big flakes) a few days after New Years and it was so funny. I had been in the shower and it wasn't snowing when I went back to get in. I came out to find both boys glued to the back door window, begging to go out and play in it. It didn't even really stick but they so badly wanted to play in snow they were willing to take what they got. (Here's a pic of them out in it)
So here at the Waters house we are praying for some snow!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

We had snow and ice in these here upper parts of the county, but who cares if we get killed??????? (I am just now getting over the fact that Ralph & I both almost wrecked our cars this morning getting to school when this county has 13 SNOW DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Okay, gotta breathe.... LOL
Meri

Susan said...

Glad you guys are ok. That's weird- they are usually very quick to close schools when there is the least bit of anything- there have been many times that we don't have a thing on the ground but schools are closed because you guys have it in the northern part of the county. Glad you all got safely to school-- sorry it was so stressful. :(

Amy said...

I lived in northern ohio until i was 12.....and we had mountains of snow! Every winter was so much fun. I MISS IT!!!

Susan said...

Oh Amy!! I bet you do miss it. I saw you at MOPS Wednesday and meant to get by and introduce myself- I don't think we've met face to face.

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.