Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sharing Recipes


I borrowed this idea from Christin and Ashley. They shared some great recipes that I'm looking forward to trying out. I thought I'd pass one on too.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
1 roll of pillsbury pizza dough (cook as directed on the package)
3 boneless skinless breast of chicken cooked and shredded or diced
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450
After you have cooked pizza crust as directed on the package, cover crust with barbecue sauce.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese
Put chicken on top of cheese.
Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

You can add diced purple onions for more flavor as a topping. I do that if my kids aren't going to eat it. This is one of the very few things that everyone in my house will eat.
I also use more than 3/4 cup barbecue sauce and probably more shredded cheese too- you can do your own desired amount. If you want to make it easier, you can purchase prebaked pizza crust and precooked chicken.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and this has become an absolute favorite of ours! You should DEFINITELY try this recipe!

carriehayes said...

ok...this will be on my grocery list next time!!! thank you!

Amy said...

yum! this looks so yummy. boston has recently decided he likes to help me cook. we'll try it!
amy bierman

Amy said...

We had this for dinner tonight. We added red onion and pineapple.....SO GOOD! Thanks for the recipe!

Susan said...

Ooh! Pineapple sounds like a great addition- I'll have to try that.

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.