Friday, January 4, 2008

Clean House


Just so you know- that picture is not my house- just got it off common search. :)Have you seen this show? Its on the Style network- I think. I LOVE it. If you haven't seen it, the premise of the show is that people write in asking for this team of people to come and help them clear their clutter and redecorate their home. Once the team comes in to your home, you have to be willing to part with your clutter and sometimes with some valuable things. They take your stuff, set up a yard sale and double whatever money your stuff makes in the sale. They use that money to re-do some rooms in your home.

Now, when I say "clutter"-- these homes are crazy with it! Most of them you can't even see a clean spot on the floor in most rooms-- just stuff piled up and everywhere.

My house is not like that-- well- the part you can see- ha! What I would LOVE is for Trish- she's the "yard sale diva" but she's also this amazing organizer- to come and do my closets, cabinets, under my sink, etc.

I mean my kitchen cabinets are all- everyone like a stacked locker- open at your own risk- you never know what's going to fall on you. And my closets- we have NO storage space in our house so our closets are our storage- you can just imagine. And our garage- well how sad is it that we can't even park one of our cars in a two car garage.

Now clutter drives me crazy- typically I can't function well in an environment that is cluttered. But, if I can't see it- it doesn't bother me as much-- that is until I have to open a cabinet or a closet door.

I'm not a sentimental person when it comes to stuff so I don't have a problem parting with things- I don't mind tossing stuff in the trash. What I apparently do have issues with is organization. :) That's where that Trish women could sure help me out!

Anybody got any good advice or helpful organizational tips for me? Anybody want to write in to Clean House and nominate my house- LOL :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

ok so here's a little truth about me...this would be my dream job!!! not that I'm good at the whole decorating thing but helping someone get rid of stuff.ahhh heavenly.

At our last house we didn't have much storage either but we put cubicle things in our closets and wow did it create space. I would love to come over sometime and help if you would like me to...let me know!!

Anonymous said...

No tips except that moving really helps keep stuff cleaned out. We've moved 10 times in our 10 years of marriage. When you have to keep hauling and packing stuff, you REALLY get rid of it. Not that this advice helps you at the present. I'm just glad that isn't a picture of your house. I got scared for you for a moment when I looked at it. Like my perception of you totally changed for about 7 seconds when I envisioned that as a room in your house.... LOL!

Susan said...

Ok- Sarah U.- you can come to my house but you can't look in my cabinets or my closets- LOL! That WOULD probably change your perception of me!
Clutter is not my problem- its organizing the stuff I have to fit in the teeny tiny storage spaces we do have in our house.
So, Sarah A- I do need to get with you- that is if I'm not too embarassed to let you see the underworld that is my closet, cabinet and under sink space. :)