Friday, January 11, 2008

Get Out Of That Pit -- Beth Moore


I am loving this book! I just wanted to share some of the things she has talked about. Its chapter six, titled- The Three Steps Out of Your Pit. The three steps are-


  • cry out

  • confess

  • consent

I wish I could type this entire chapter in this entry but I'll just give you some of the things I have found eye opening.


"God wants everything you've got. Uncontested priority. Every egg in one basket. All your weight on one limb. This very moment He has His fingers on your chin, saying, "Right here, Child. Look right here. Don't look right or left. Stare straight into My face. I am your Deliverer. There is none like Me."


"His (God's) refusal to bend to our will may at first seem uncompassionate in light of all we've endured, but He's pushing for the best thing that will ever happen to us. God will never be codependent with you. He will never pat your broken back and say, "Who could blame you for all of this?" He wants you up on your feet, living abundantly, profoundly, effectively.


"Conviction is a hand delivered invitation to meet with God, and confession is an RSVP with immediate arrival."


"The conversation God began through conviction doesn't end with our response of confession. It continues with God telling us through His word that He forgives us and completes the process in our appropriate and freeing response of grateful acceptance."


"In our Christian circles, we constantly talk about putting our past behind us. That's not good enough. Its too easy for us to turn around and pick it up again. We want our past behind God's back. That way we'll have to go through God to get back to it."


4 comments:

Meredith said...

That is awesome...gonna have to get a copy of that book. I especially like the part about God not being codependent. :) My little godson certainly has a gift for choosing good things; of course, he started off by choosing you. :)
Meri

Susan said...

I think you would love this book! Yeah- I like that part too! And the part about your past behind God so that you have to go through him to pick it back up- now if I can just do that!! :)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I need to get this book I have seen it a million times and thought I should buy it. You make me want to now.
Thanks for sharing.
I dont know where you find time to do this blog lady, but thanks for sharing.
Vickie Moser

Chris McManaman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.